My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

CELEBRATION SUNDAY


Yes folks, it's that time again - our quarterly Celebration Sunday seems to have come around really quickly and we already have seven people ready for baptism in our well-used horse trough.
Not that horses ever used it of course. We bought the thing brand new, but since I don't have exact figures at hand sitting here in my den while Gill watches a rerun of NCIS, I'll give a conservative guess and estimate that by the time Sunday's done, something approaching 100 people will have used it to publicly confess their faith in Jesus and obey his direction to be baptised.
One hundred lives changed for ever.
One hundred people discovering faith and purpose.
One hundred family members, friends, neighbors who were bound for hell now anticipating heaven.
No wonder we call it Celebration Sunday. Jesus taught that there's a party in heaven when one single lost person is found. So we'll join with everyone up there and have one heck of a party Sunday.