My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, March 23, 2007

WAIT AND SEE

This has been a crazy day with a ton of stuff going on around me to prepare for the Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow, while I have been trying to focus on finishing Sunday's teaching.

We've had one eye on the weather too as yesterday they were predicitng morning showers for Saturday, though thankfully that threat appears to have lifted.

Since this is the first time we have ever done this, we have no idea what to expect. There may be 50 kids there and there may be 500. If there were 50 I'd be disappointed - 500 will be a zoo.

What a great opportunity to connect with the community.

I'm pumped!

Tonight I'll join a crowd of volunteers and we'll fill plastic eggs, that rumor has it are impossible to put together. I must keep an eye on which ones have the iPod vouchers and see if I can spot where they are hidden!

I love doing new stuff. This beats business as usual. It's what I signed on for!