My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

PUTTING THE "P" IN PORTABLE

Having done church in so many locations it's tough to recall them all at once, I reckon we could well be the congregation that put the "p" in portable. This afternoon I heard of a fresh challenge tomorrow.

It seems the thawing ice on the theater roof has led to serious leaks in Theater 13 where we have Worship Central, so that's out of commission in the morning, which means we'll be heading for Theater 4 for the first time and facing the challenges of setting up in a new place with no stage.

I love a challenge and know that from 7.00a.m. onwards we'll be pushing to get things the way they're meant to be with our great team of volunteers. It'll all be in place by the time we get to 9.30 and then we'll launch into our newest series A.S.Q., planned to help our folks share their faith.

We're doing our best to equip everyone to make this Easter the most effective outreach day yet and the way things are looking we're right on track!