My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, March 12, 2007

AMAZING

If you haven't seen it yet, you gotta go see Amazing Grace (not to be confused with Saving Grace which is about an English widow who starts growing pot to make ends meet).

This is the best movie I have seen in a long, long time. It's inspiring, challenging, heart-tugging, gut-wrenching stuff about how William Wilberforce fought and finally won to have the slave trade abolished by the British Parliament.

Kinda makes you embarassed to have a British heritage to tell you the truth, but maybe my roots go back to the handful of good guys who turned things around.

Pay your mother-in-law to babysit, cancel a business appointment, do whatever you have to do but make sure you catch this on the big screen before it leaves town.

If you see it and hate it, let me know and I'll refund your money personally.