My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, March 09, 2007

EASTER'S COMING

As I said on Wednesday, the Easter invitations are in - thanks Jonathan, nice job. Some of you may recall that a couple of months ago I conducted a straw poll here to ask if Long Islanders would be more inclined to use the word momma or mom.

To my surprise and chagrin there was only one person who agreed with my choice of words, so I went with the majority and we have Mom instead of Momma.

I thought with so many Italians around us, the word Momma makes the whole thing a little tongue-in-cheek, with a hint of The Sopranos.

Guess not!

Anyway, the bottom line is we have everything set now to invite hundreds of people to join us for one of our Easter Sunday services. The cards will be available next Sunday.