My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

MORE BIRTHDAYS

I have this idea that when God is in people making mode, his fiscal year runs from March 7th to March 6th. So on March 6th he has to use up all the good stuff he has left, ready for the start of a whole new run.

Dumping all that he has sitting around the place produces some exceptional March 6th babies and to prove my theory, let me cite the following evidence -

Daniel Summers, youngest son of one of our pastors, Frank Summers, was born on this very day several years ago (sorry to be vague about the number, but if I guessed I would inevitably get it wrong).

Linda Madden who is an essential and energetic part of our church's children's ministry celebrates her birthday today too. I know the number there, but I'm honestly not as stupid as to publish it on the worldwide web! You wouldn't believe me anyway - a lot of healthy genes there I reckon.

Gill Blackmore, my best friend, companion, helper for more than 37 years, first saw the light of day on March 6th somewhere back in the last century. I think I did good with her gift. Regular readers will recall that I visited the Mall on Saturday to get her something special, though I didn't say what. Well, what I found was a Journey necklace (she always admires them when we see them advertised on the TV, so I took note!), but this one is different. While it has the little diamonds and the curved shape to symbolize the journey we have shared through life, this one has a little cross piece, so it's a bit like a crucifix too.

Don't freak out, no one's going Catholic on you! I like it because I felt it suggests that this has not just been a two person journey. It has been a journey inspired by and in the light of the cross. Neat, eh? Well, I thought it was.

So tonight we'll go out and eat and probably take in a movie too. Nothing too thrilling, but then the heart can't take two much excitement at our age!!!