My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, March 02, 2007

MY BRACELET

Since early this afternoon I have been wearing a brand new fashion accessory - a red wristband with the letters K.I.S.S. on it.

I'm not wearing this red rubber thingy because I'm a groupie of the band by that name or because my wife wants me to see it when I'm preaching and remember Keep It Simple Stupid.

Our son sent us some that he had purchased to support research into the uncommon, unpleasant and potentially life-threatening disease he has been battling for over a year now - sarcoidosis (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/sarc/sar_whatis.html). KISS in this instance means Kick In to Stop Sarcoidosis.

Thanks to those who say a prayer for him and his family when they come to mind. It has been a draining year for them, but like God told Job, when it's over they'll be gleaming like gold.