My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

CAN THE WOMAN TEACH OR NOT?

Lesaya was brilliant this morning!

It was so good to be home after spending the last two Sundays in India. I love it there of course, but it's not here. It's not Church At The Movies and it's not our folks. It was great to be back in the thick of things today and what a great morning.

Since last Sunday's service was cancelled, today I got to listen to Lesaya teach the second part of our series Just Walk Across The Room. I'm pumped about this series because it's about what we're about - reaching out in a relevant way to people who don't yet know Jesus. What a lot of insight she brought today.

She was challenging, inspiring, practical ... and funny. I loved the story of her doorbell evangelism in California as a teenager when a guy in his birthday suit responded to her knocking at his home!

She brought some great stuff out of Luke 15 about the lost sheep, coin and son. I really liked the thought that none of them was chided for where they were at or how they'd got lost, people who cared just looked for them, found them and celebrated. God deliver us from judgmentalism and condemnation and help us to love those who are still lost regardless of where they're at and how they got there.

Lesaya Kelly is a great asset to our church and a valuable part of all that we're expecting to see God do as we continue to press forward.