My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, February 23, 2007

GETTING READY TO WALK

I'm pumped that so many of our folks have already purchased their own copies of Bill Hybels' new book, Just Walk Across The Room. We just bought in a load more, because now that I've finished it myself I want to be sure that everyone in our church gets their minds around what's being taught in its pages.

We've set this year as the one when we break through the 500 barrier, but wishin and hopin and thinkin and prayin won't make that happen. There has to be a plan.

The first part of it is that we spend four Sundays talking about influencing people for Jesus, at the same time our small groups watch Hybels on DVD and discuss each week's theme, then we all read the book and finally - we start to do all this!

This is a great book. It's liberating, guilt-destroying, innovative and best of all has very few big words in it. It is very, very readable.

Just Walk Across The Room sets the tone for our year. It's foundational and I'm loving it.