My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, February 05, 2007

THE DAY AFTER


They said he was too nice to win. They said he just didn't have what it takes to succeed on the biggest stage of all. But last night in Miami Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy became only the third man in the history of the NFL to hold aloft the Vince Lombardi Trophy as both a player and a head coach.

I guess "they" aren't as smart as they thought they were!

He doesn't scream on the sidelines, doesn't rant and rave and no one has ever heard him curse, apart from one occasion when he used the title of a TV sports program - The Best Damn Sports Show Ever. Teased about that, he gave the assurance that it would never happen again.

I'm glad the Colts won Super Bowl XLI. Not just because they're a good football team, not just because Dungy and Manning have been slagged off for too long as big game losers, not just because I'm fed up with seeing the Patriots swagger to the podium.

I'm glad because it was a victory for values and a great triumph for a coach who makes no secret whatever of his faith.

The quote of the night goes to Coach Dungy -

You can win doin' it the Lord's way.

I love it!!!