My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

EASTER IN SIGHT

As I mentioned on Sunday, we are looking to increase our total attendance by another 25% following Easter. Since the average long-term retention rate for church visitors in this country is 14%, that means we would need to have almost 900 people with us on Easter Sunday to achieve that first stage in this year's growth.

And that folks while huge, is doable!

In preparation for that, I am already talking to one of the newer members of our church family, who runs a marketing company's Manhattan operation on Madison Avenue. He and I were looking at some promotional materials that would include the wording -

SHOCK YOUR MAMA - Go To Church This Easter

Here's a simple question.
I don't think Mama is Long Island. Would Long Islanders say Momma? Or would Mom be better?

Answers in my email if you would be so kind (non-Long Islanders need not reply!) -
roger@churchatthemovies.com

Thanks - I'm pumped and we still have more than two months to go!