My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

FAMILY PROBLEM


I am tremendously proud of my children - they are a huge source of joy to me. However I do have a major issue with one of my grandsons who dealt me a heart-rending blow this afternoon.

Ben is five years old and lives in Texas. While we don't see one another anywhere near as often as I would like, we do talk on the phone quite often. This is always an enlightening experience as despite his limited life experience, he is an authority on virtually every subject under the sun.

Today we talked football and in particular tomorrow's championship games. The budding genius declared himself for the Saints, which didn't put me up or down as I have no great preference which team I would like to see win that game.

The Colts-Patriots matchup is a different animal altogether. The Colts are my team. I've rooted for them for more than a year now, since I finally decided to give up on my long-time favorite 49ers.

But something has gone radically wrong in young Benjamin's upbringing. There is a major malady deep in the heart of Texas - he is rooting for New England.

How can that be?

Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh and he wants the arrogant arch enemies of my Indianapolis aces to beat them.

There are serious problems among the Blackmores tonight!!!