My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, January 19, 2007

I'M PUMPED

I know it's generally Saturday evening before I get really restless, wishing it was Sunday morning already and we could just go do it, but this week that feeling seems to have set in early. There are probably a few good reasons for this:

1. I haven't preached here since Christmas Eve
There are a lot of things I stink at as a pastor, but I can teach half-decent some of the time. I thoroughly enjoy doing that and since I haven't done it for four weeks, I'm ready to go.

2. Sunday's teaching has been ready for quite a while
The material I want to cover in this first part of Dangerous Church is stuff that I finally got in order on my post-Thanksgiving visit to India. I worked on it during the flight over there, in quiet times during my stay, while sitting in the hotel in Ambala at night and actually shared it with the leaders of Basil D'Souza's church in Mumbai. I also preached it in two churches in Scotland over New Year. But since it was prepared with our church in mind, I really want to deliver it.

3. These next two Sundays are a make or break time for us
I'm looking to set the tone and the course for the year ahead of us and if with God's help I can really get the point across and with his continuing aid the church rises to the challenge, this will without doubt be the most incredible year of our church's life. Failure here is not an option. I have to give it so that folks can grasp it and we can set our sails for an amazing voyage.

So here we are - it's Friday afternoon and I'm wishing it was Sunday already. Every Sunday is not spectacular, every weekend is not lifechanging, but this Sunday's service is huge.