My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ONE SIMPLE QUESTION


I never had any interest in American Idol and passed up on the first four series. Despite the fact that it seemed as if FOX's hit show had captivated most of the rest of America, watching a talent contest was not my idea of how to spend a relaxing evening.

Then I actually watched a show while I was with my son and daughter-in-law last January ... and I was hooked. To be honest, once it got to the real competition stage I wasn't totally riveted, but the auditions have got to be one of the funniest things on television.

I just have one simple question, Who on earth told some of these people they could sing? And maybe one more question, Why didn't someone tell them the truth before Simon and Co did?

Mind you, I'm glad they weren't put off by family and friends because then I'd be reduced to watching reruns of Law & Order tonight!