My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

LUNCH WITH LISTON

I took a ride to Flushing, Queens today to meet up with my friend Tony Liston who leads Adventure Christian Community - http://www.adventurecommunity.org - in Davenport, Iowa.

Adventure launched four weeks before we did and any chance to hook up with its progressive pastor is worth seizing. So as he and a couple of guys from his church got off a plane at LaGuardia early this afternoon, I sat down with them at the Paradise Diner to anjoy some good food and fellowship.

The guys are in town for a conference on reclaiming the arts that is being held in Tribeca over the next couple of days, all of which is a bit out of my league but kudos to them for wanting to make a dent in the arts community in darkest Davenport.

I am grateful to God that throughout the years I have been in ministry, I have had good friends around me that I could rely on, bounce things off and laugh with too. Tony's one of them - he's a special guy.