My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

SMALL WORLD

Twenty four hours from now I will be sleeping soundly (I hope!) in Basil and Cathy D'Souza's apartment in Mumbai (Bombay), India. Less than 20 hours door to door - can't be bad. I am so glad that Delta finally saw the sense of introducing a direct flight instead of dumping their passengers somewhere in Europe and letting a partner airline pick up the cash for taking them the rest of the way.

This will be a good trip, with four major focuses -

1. Participating in Basil's church's 25th Anniversary Celebrations over the weekend as the keynote speaker.

2. Teaching the Purpose Driven Church conference to 40 key pastors next week, who lead networks totalling 2,000 congregations. This with the understanding that they will take the material and teach it to these network pastors.

3. Visiting the church in Goa that has been doing so well.

4. Sitting on the beach in Goa and reading a book for a day or two.

Looking forward to Gill traveling with me on her first visit to this great country. My ministry in India has often coincided with her missions teams going to South Africa, but February is clear for her so we're jetting off together.

Will blog along the way whenever I get chance.