My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

STIRRING THINGS UP

Just got back from the pastors' conference we have been conducting over the past three days and have succeeded in setting the cat among the pigeons. I taught Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Church Conference material and really stretched the minds of some of the guys who were there.

All of them were very appreciative and they certainly had a lot of questions. One of the pastors leads a network of almost 700 churches and he wants me to come back next year and teach the material to all of his pastors, so we'll see how that works out.

Have had no internet access for days, so am catching up now. Will take Gill out to dinner tonight - Valentine's Day! - and then tomorrow we fly to Goa for a few days which will include ministry in the church there and a lot of meditation on the beach!!!

Very purposeful trip so far. Thanks to all who are praying for us.