My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

SUNDAYS OFF

There has been some interesting feedback from the Sunday off that everyone got last week because the theater's heating went kapput.

The bottom line is that everyone who has talked to me really missed being able to worship with the Church At The Movies gang. Some went to a different church for the day and got a reminder that there's quite a difference between us and any other church in the county.

Others just enjoyed sleeping late and didn't even think of going elsewhere because it wouldn't be the same.

We don't have it all together. There's plenty of scope for improvement. We're not better than any of the other good churches in our area. But we definitely are different and I love that. It isn't just that as a relic from the rebellious 60's I thrive on challenging the staus quo. There's more to it than that.

Truth is 1.3 million people in our county have never opted into established church. They don't want normal. So since we're offering an alternative style, we have a good chance of drawing some of them in. They don't want church as it is - so we offer church as it could be! And that's why we are the way we are and why we do what we do.