My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

ENOUGH!

Okay, that's it - I'm done!

On November 27th I was on a plane from JFK to Mumbai, India and last night, February 27th I flew up from Atlanta to LaGuardia. In that span of exactly three months I have covered 44,000 miles, give or take an odd one here or there and man, am I glad it's over!

It has all been good - I'll tell you more about the incredible second day of the Church Planters' Conference later - but it's enough.

That's mainly because I'm itching to get more fully stuck into where we're headed this year right here at home. We're in the process just now of sharpening our skills at communicating with those who don't yet know Jesus and we're building up to one of the main outreach events of the year - Easter.

Tonight I'm going to get my first chance to join a Just Walk Across The Room small group. I missed the start but plan to be there for the rest of the teaching and then I'm getting ready for our A.S.Q. series - Answers to Serious Questions - which is designed to help deal with those really tough questions that genuine seekers sometimes ask.

One thread that ran through the conference was the importance of sticking with the vision and for us, part of doing that is creating steps to help people see it happen. Since our goal is to seek and save those that are lost, we're really homing in on how to see that become a reality.

Exciting weeks ahead - plenty of time now to simply focus on things at home.