My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, March 09, 2007

THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT PLACE

I love the way God orchestrates things so that people are right where he wants them to be. For instance ...

Among the many great people who have joined Church At The Movies over the past six months, we have a Madison Avenue marketing executive, who strangely enough has been looked upon with suspicion by some Christians in the past, as the representative of mammon, materialism and all this wicked world represents.

I think he was kind of surprised when his family got connected with our church and I suggested to him that maybe he could use his skills and experience to help advance God's kingdom. He really doesn't look much like Anti-Christ to me at all!

Needless to say, he is becoming my go-to-guy for advertising/marketing input and he has just about pulled off a sweet deal for us to do on-screen advertising in the Patchogue UA we worship in on Sundays.

Apparently there's a technical phrase for it, but the bottom line is that if people go to a place for one reason, they're likely to go there for something else too. So if you watch movies at the UA, there's a chance you'd go back for church.

Ian is getting them to put together this contract at less than half the price they offered it to me for a couple of years ago. The man is brilliant!

The company will produce our 15 seconds video clip and it will be shown repeatedly in each of the 13 theaters every day of the week. Plus they'll put it on the screen in Ronkonkoma and Farmingdale too.

Sounds like a plan and seems like God sent us just the person we needed to fill in a missing part of the jigsaw.