My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

BUILDING UP TO EASTER


Easter Sunday is going to be huge this year. The invitations just came in from the printer and we spent some time in our pastoral team meeting this morning going over the details of our pre-Easter community outreach on March 24th, The Great Big Easter Egg Hunt.

I'll show you the invites for our two services on resurrection day another time. At the moment I'm stoked about the fun with the kids and their families we're going to have on our church property in Medford on the 24th.

While our building dilemna rests with the Department of Justice in D.C. as they ponder suing the Town of Brookhaven, we do own the property we're planning to build on and so we can get good use out of it, especially for events like this.

One of the main questions this morning was how many people to cater for. Well, one thing's for sure, we won't make the mistake we did at our End Of Summer Festival when we ran out of food twice because the crowd of over 600 surprised us. So there'll be a mountain of eggs, bacon, sausage and rolls to make sure that there are breakfast sandwiches for everyone who shows up.

Add hundreds of donuts to the healthy menu, plus cotton candy and all the candy they can find and there should be enough hyper yougsters running around the place to send the Easter Bunny into permanent hiding.

We expect to springboard from that event into Easter Sunday itself, anticipating that a lot of our newfound friends will worship with us before going on to join their families.

I love this stuff. Is it Easter yet?