My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

PRESSING POLITICAL BUTTONS

Long day - short post. Just got home.

There are several things I'll probably comment on in detail tomorrow, but here's a bit of news for nocturnal readers of these pages.

Tonight I attended my first meeting of the Executive of the Town of Brookhaven's Conservative Party where I have the honorary title of Chaplain and got to kick the proceedings off with prayer.

Tonight they were putting together the party's platform in preparation for interviewing candidates who want the Conservative line in November's local elections (which they all do!). The Party has established that issue numero uno will be where the politicians and wannabe politicians stand on the Anti-Church Law enacted eighteen months ago to stop us building.

So if anyone standing for the position of Town Supervisor or any of the six seats on the Town Board is to get the backing of this party, that person will have to agree to repeal this unconstitutional restriction.

I don't know about you, but that sounds great stuff to me. Kudos to the Conservatives for making this a major part of their platform - as promised.