My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

WOW!

That was the biggest crowd we have ever had on the morning that daylight savings starts. Despite the fact that it felt like 5.00am when my alarm went off today, we bucked the trend that I have noticed every one of the past fifteen Springs that we have been in the U.S.

There were people all over the place, new people, fresh faces, some folks I hadn't seen in a while and all the regular crowd of course. Our Big Screen Cafe ran out of bagels just after the service started, which is not really a good thing, but thankfully there were a few donuts still around for those who wanted to enjoy the service in that relaxed setting.

As I taught the final segment of Just Walk Across The Room, I included the faith stories of three very different people who have come to know Christ because someone took the time and made the effort to reach out to them. It was great to hear from them and to realize what God has done for them. We had a corporate VP, an ex-con, ex-drug addict and an educator or as I described them after they shared, a stressed out Italian, a strung out Puerto Rican and a confused Jew.

I am constantly amazed at the wonderful people who have joined us on our mission to reach those who are lost and today we committed ourselves to continue to walk across the room.