My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

WHAT A TEAM!

I cannot believe how our guys took on the challenge of a whole new theater today with no dry run or prior knowledge of the footprint, yet they had every single thing up and running in plenty of time for our service to start.

This is the down-to-earth stuff that blesses me because it shows you that folks have really got the point and are supporting the vision.

I loved the way Jorge, having read my post last night about the damage to Theater 13, came in especially early this morning as he knew there would have to be a complete rewiring of our video feed for the Big Screen Cafe. (I had just figured we wouldn't be able to do it).

Our resident electrician, Dan was running around like crazy spotting outlets, running cables and getting sound, lights and whatever all under way without even blowing a circuit.

There were a ton of people who were all over what needed to be done - and that's just one of the reasons I love this church.