My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

REFLECTING

Varied day today -

+ Cut short my time at the gym as I discovered my running pants had a split in a potentially embarassing place.

+ Comiserated with Marie as she spent for ever with tech support as there was no internet access on her computer in the office. A lady from eastern Asia who speaks broken English eventually helped her out!

+ Went to the dentist for a checkup and cleaning. I hate the dentists. I have a real pathological fear of them - left there shaking!

+ Had a couple of meetings with good people - one of them included dinner which is always very acceptable, even if a Greek salad at the diner is not exactly haute cuisine.

+ Sent out invitations to a number of good people to join our Big Screen Cafe team. That place is rocking Sunday mornings and we've had to increase supplies for three weeks in a row now. Need to increase volunteers too.

+ Chatted to Ray about Easter Sunday worship. We've got some good stuff in the pipeline. I made a personal request for one song - any one - with some really funky guitar stuff. I want our guests to see how cool our band is!

+ Did some more preparations for Sunday's A.S.Q. - We're going to look at the question, Why do Christians hate gays? Might well get into the subject of suicide too.

+ Spent the evening at the Chamber of Commerce and met some interesting people. Passed on word about Saturday's Easter Egg Hunt. That thing is going to be huge.

+ This afternoon I picked up 1,000 Kidmo invitations for handing out on Saturday. Someone else could have gone, but the sun was shining and I hadn't taken the Mustang out in a week because of the snow and ice. So I took a ride down the Expressway to the printer's with a cup of 7-11 coffee and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

+ Talking coffee, I like the new Starbucks in Medford. It's very quiet though, which is probably not what the company planned.

+ BTW, the Chamber meets in the function room of the Comfort Inn where we started our church - it was called The Inn At Medford then. I looked around tonight and figured God has brought us a long way.

And thus to bed - it'll soon be gym time all over again!!!