My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A.S.Q


We covered another couple of tricky topics this morning as we continue the Answers to Serious Questions series. Today's two questions that people wanted answered were Why do Christians hate gays? and Do people who comnmit suicide go to hell?

We're looking at the things we get asked that are difficult to deal with and if the response after service is anything to go by, a load of our folks found today very helpful as we continue our quest to seek and save those that are lost.

It was a bit weird this morning, with Worship Central looking a bit on the empty side, but I heard later that the Big Screen Cafe was jam packed with people. So I guess for some reason more people than usual opted to watch the service on a plasma TV while sipping their Starbucks instead of bringing their drink with them into Theater 13.

I blame the friendly ladies in the cafe! They make it such a welcoming space. The donuts and baqels are a pretty big attraction too.

I love being able to offer people options. Let's face it, we live in an environment of choice - how many flavors of Coke can you get nowadays? So offering worshipers a choice is a great way to go.