My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

EGGS GALORE

That was some day!

They had been forecasting showers for this morning for the past several days, but it turned out to be sunshine with totally clear blue skies. A great day and a great turnout.

We estimate there were around 400 people at our first Easter Egg Hunt, with almost two thirds of those being folks who are not part of our church. So as a bridge event, it was a total success. Without pushing anything, I had several good conversations about the church and I am expecting to see some new faces in service tomorrow.

Our people really were amazing. They worked like dogs, starting set-up early this morning and not leaving until everything was back to normal.

It's great to be able to host a major event on our church property. We reckoned we'd have a building up there long before now, but that was before the Town Board turned obnoxious on us. However we all know God doesn't live in man-made edifices - in fact He's at the movies Sunday mornings on a regular basis.

I'll be there tomorrow too. I love to hang out where God is!