My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, March 30, 2007

GOOD STUFF

Last night Gill and I got to spend a couple of hours with a great young couple (hey everyone's young to me!) who are new to our church and most definitely new to our style of church. Seems they love it - their kids do too - and are doing their best to reel in family and friends.

We chatted a bit about the likelihood of moving locations and late last night, Noe sent me this Bridget Willard quote -

Church isn’t where you meet. Church isn’t a building. Church is what you do. Church is who you are. Church is the human outworking of the person of Jesus Christ. Let’s not go to Church, let’s be the Church.

That says it all. This may all be new to them, but they have certainly got the point!