My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

CR

Tonight I had my first experience of our Celebrate Recovery program and it rocks!

Gill and I went along to the open share meeting that started with dinner - an excellent dinner - and then moved into a worship time, which I gather usually includes someone sharing their recovery story.

Tonight I took that spot and talked about grace. It was great to be in a room of real people. Nobody pretending to be anything they're not, all acknowledging they're a work in progress and tremendously supportive of one another.

Driving home I was thinking about the title of a book I read last year - No Perfect People Allowed.

I think we should have signs made up with that on them and place them outside the theater on Sundays. Just thinking at the moment - but don't be surprised if you see them!!!