My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

ODDS AND SODS


I'm just unwinding now and watching the Mets beat the Cardinals. Those were long, lean years for fans of New York's real team, so it's sweet to see them doing well.

Some random thoughts at the end of the day -

+ Got word from Charlotte in the DR. She says our team down there are absolutely amazing. Working like dogs, showing great attitudes and getting a lot done. We'll have them share the Sunday after Easter.

+ Got an email from a newish family tonight saying they realize Sunday will be crazy with it being Easter and us doing two services, so if there's anything they can do to help out, they're available. Don't you love that attitude?

+ Sorry to harp on this, but the thought came to mind several times today - I am not overweight. Do you know how many times I have been able to say that in my life? None that I recall.

+ Word from our theater's parent company is they won't be shutting up shop until the end of summer.

+ Further word, we can lease the Regal Cinema in Ronkonkoma. We'll check it out when the pastors are all back next week.

+ I still fancy Island 16 - the newest, best, most central and universally known.

+ I have a reserved spot in the preferred seating section to hear T.D. Jakes at Upper Room tomorrow night. Wonder how much I'd get if I scalped it! Just kidding - looking forward to hearing him.

+ Going to finish up Sunday's message tomorrow. I guarantee that everyone who comes as a guest of one of our folks will hear a very clear, concise salvation message that will lead them towards making a response. Sunday's going to be huge and I'm expecting a significant harvest.