My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

THANKS TONY!

Four years ago when I first met Tony McCollum, he was leading a new church, worshiping in the movie theater inside the Mall Of Georgia in Buford, GA. Knowing we were looking to move into a theater soon, he was good enough to pass on to me some samples of everything they had done that had a theater theme. (Tony's that kind of guy!)

He's still pastoring Millcreek Community Church and they're still in that movie theater, but they're a lot bigger now than they were then.

Anyway, I digress.

Tony used the phrase Church At The Movies on a lot of his advertising and I liked the sound of it. I checked with him whether he had that domain name and he said he didn't plan to use it. So within a few hours, I had bought it for our use.

Congratulations to my friends with theater churches who have had the creativity to find something similar -

http://www.churchatmovies.com

http://www.churchinamovietheater.com

http://www.churchinthemovies.com

Congratulations above all on having the vision to do church in the location every thinking pastor loves!