My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, April 06, 2007

HOME FOR EASTER


I got an email from Lesaya today to say that she and her crew were temporarily stuck in Johannesburg Airport as the SAA flight to JFK had been cancelled. Turns out they're going to be put on a plane bound for London and then on to New York, arriving tomorrow just a couple of hours later than planned.

This evening I'm heading for JFK myself to help bring home the DR missions team, who will be freezing here after a week in the sun.

These teams represent two of the prongs of our missions program and I'm thrilled that we've had 20 people overseas recently to assist others in building God's kingdom. Next month we'll be saying farewell to an excellent group of people as they leave for two weeks in Banda Aceh, Indonesia.

These folks are all raising their own support, using their vacation time, working like dogs, sweating like pigs so they can show God's love to people they've never even met.

I am proud to pastor this church!