My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

DREAMING OF A WHITE EASTER

Okay, it's probably not going to snow here on Long Island, but there's going to be plenty of the wintry white stuff around this weekend by all accounts.

So much for Al Gore and his global warming, maybe the scientists are right and his Oscar-winning documentary really is a work of pure fiction. If that turns out to be the case, he can always fall back on the fact that he invented the internet!

I do like warm Easters - hot is probably too much to ask. When the sun's shining, the spring clothes come out and there's blossom starting to appear on the trees, it adds something to the celebratory feeling of the holiday.

But lets be realistic, whatever the weather there's nothing as heart-warming as seeing a whole bunch of new faces coming into the theater, taking in everything that's going on and hearing a clear presentation of the good news.

So whatever the weather, it's going to be a great Easter!