My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

WOW!

Man, that was some ride!

You would not believe how many people were at the theater way before 7.00 this morning to get everything up and running. Seeing the commitment level blessed me way before either of the services started.

I was wrong about the attendance - the second service topped the first by about 2-1. But let's face it, there was no great incentive to get up and out on an Easter Sunday when it was below freezing.

I met some great people and saw some folks that hadn't been around in a while - it was good to have them with us.

The band sounded amazing - with Ray giving us some awesome guitar.

This was the biggest crowd we have ever had - way over 500 people - excellent stuff.

And above all, we have already heard from four people who prayed and committed their lives to Jesus.

This was teamwork at its best, people with a shared vision pitching in to achieve a common goal.

Thanks to all who wished me this - I am having a Happy Easter!