My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, April 09, 2007

MINDLESS MONDAY

If you're a regular reader, you know the drill. Monday is my day off, so it's pretty uneventful and its that way by design.

Gym, WW (gained 0.6 but still below goal weight), then vegging.

Gill suggested we go and see a movie about a couple from India who move to New York - you get the idea of what I thought about it from the fact I can't even remember the title. It sounded like a plot that would lend itself to a million laughs, so I sat down waiting to be amused. Turns out it was a drama, tragic in parts and while doubtless a good movie, not the swith-off -your-brain thing I was expecting.

Bought new sandals for the summer at Marshalls before we went to Loews to see whatever it was called. Can't wait for the start of three months living in shorts and sandals - though it seems a long, long way off today.

Made some chili tonight - tastes good - brought the Kashmiri chili powder from India. It's tomorrow's dinner, but quality control is an essential part of the cook's responsibility.

About to check to see what's on TV. I think I know the answer already - nothing.