My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

GREAT THOUGHTS

I stole this from my friend Charley Miller's blog - http://charleysblog.wordpress.com/
But to be fair, he stole it from Seth Godin ...

Lately I’ve been keeping up with a new blog by Seth Godin, called The Dip. It’s based on a new book of his by the same title, due to be released next month. I’ve already preordered a copy from Amazon.
These are the Seven Reasons You Fail to Become the Best in the World
(”you” = you, me, a company, a church, or any organization)

Seven Reasons You Might Fail to Become the Best in the World

1. You run out of time (and quit).
2. You run out of money (and quit).
3. You get scared (and quit).
4. You’re not serious about it (and quit).
5. You lose interest or enthusiasm or settle for being mediocre (and quit).
6. You focus on the short term instead of the long (and quit when the short term gets too hard).
7. You pick the wrong thing at which to be the best in the world (because you don’t have the talent).

It is important to note that it is only the seventh on this list (not having the talent) that we can’t necessarily do something about. The rest of them are all within an organization’s capability to change.

For the rest of Seth’s thoughts, check out The Dip.