My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

CRAZY PEOPLE

I've been exchanging emails and information today with a couple from Ohio who are going to Iraq next month as missionaries. They've only been married a few months and she is pregnant, but they'll be off working among the Kurds in the north of the country very shortly, at a time when no one in their right mind would be going anywhere near that part of the world.

They don't have all the support they'll need.

There are no guarantees of safety.

They will be missionaries under cover, acting as relief workers.

They're insane - and I think they're brilliant.

If you want a safe life, with everything cut and dried, if you want the future guaranteed and your personal comforts afforded you by right, you joined the wrong team when you volunteered to follow Jesus.

Thank God for a young couple ready to risk it all for Jesus.

As the book says - Who Dares Wins!

(I'm not sure what book!)