My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, April 13, 2007

EASTER STATS

Okay, I have the final detailed attendance figures from last Sunday -

Smallstars Nursery 28
Li'l K 16
KIDMO 69
Altered (Teens) 50
Big Screen Cafe 62
Worship Central 298

That makes for a total of 523 people in our Easter services, which as I've said before, is a record for us and a clear indication of the ongoing momentum we have been enjoying.

Some people wonder why numbers are important, so let me take a moment to explain.

Numbers represent people. There were 523 people with us last Sunday.

Someone prayed sometime for every one of those people - me included. My being in a place of worship on a Sunday morning is an answer to the prayers of a number of people. People like little old Miss Dyton in Exeter Assembly of God where I came to know the Lord. She told me that from the very first time she saw me come into that church, she prayed for me every day and that went on right through my being at Bible School, starting pastoring and until she went to see the Lord.

Jesus died for every one of those people - each of them individually is of incredible value to God. There were parents, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends of folks who are part of our church family already. They matter to those who invited them and they matter even more to the Lord. Jesus talked one day about a shepherd who had 100 sheep and discovered that one was lost. How did he know there was a stray? He counted them I guess, because he wanted them all to be in the fold. We want everyone we can to be in God's fold and to know that he really loves them. How do we know if we're on track - we count the sheep!

Last Sunday was a record-breaking gathering of people we've prayed for and Jesus died for. Great cause to celebrate!