My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, April 13, 2007

COUNTDOWN TO SUNDAY



There's a lot of buzz around about our new series that starts on Sunday. No wonder, I doubt if there's anyone in our church who has ever spent five Sunday mornings in a row looking at what the Bible teaches about sex.

I've never done it either. This will be a first for me too!

Most of my talks on sex have been addressed to teens in church youth groups or at youth camp, but even then we're looking at more than 20 years ago.

In gthe early 80's I was one of the guest speakers at a sresidential summer camp for teens that had elective teaching classes every morning. I had been given the task of focusing on Love, Sex & Marriage. I was packed out every day, with one exception.

When the boys in his dorm asked my 10 yeard old whether he would be taking in my teaching, he looked at them in disbelief and suggested, "What does he know about sex? He'll have nothing to say after ten minutes!"

Guess I've learned a lot because I'm going to take the next five Sundays to share some forthright stuff on this hot topic.