My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

EXTEND


Over the past few years we have had a total focus on missions for five or six Sundays throughout May. Missions is such a part of our DNA as a church that I often joke with people that the only thing they need to join us is a passport.
Whatever way you cut it, there's no way you can misunderstand what Jesus said he intended us to be about in one of the last statements he made before leaving this earth -
Go into all the world and preach the gospel to everyone.
This May we're doing things a bit different and cioncentrating everything into a very full eight day period, starting Sunday 20th when our friend Basil D'Souza from Mumbai, India will be sharing.
We're calling this short series eXtend and I love the graphic Jonathan has come up with. I guess the dictionary definition of the word that he found says a whole lot about what we're doing with our support of ministries in the Dominican Republic, South Africa, India and Guatemala.
I'm especially looking forward to our first ever Missions Banquet on Wednesday May 23rd at Mill Pond Country Club. You can check it out here - http://golfatmillpond.com/index.html
Tickets will be available starting this coming Sunday.