My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, June 01, 2007

GEARING UP



I've never met John Laeger, though I've chatted with him on the phone, we email one another from time to time and we interact on an internet forum, but though we haven't sat down to dinner together yet, I know he's one sharp guy.

That's why I keep up with his blog - http://www.johnlaeger.typepad.com John was talking some good sense about summer over there today. Of course I don 't know what they know about summer in Minnesota, but as long as they think a mild thaw is beach weather, who am I to try to tell them otherwise?

Sounds like John's church is doing the same as ours - picking up the pace for the next couple of months instead of scaling down and going into vacation mode.

Our new series that starts Sunday will give us scope for some good teaching - and some good fun too.

+ Watch for the Great Coke Giveaway on Sunday June 10th.

+ Talking of freebies, there'll be t-shirts on our Celebration Sunday, July 1st.

+ That's also the date of our Worship On The Water concert at Shore Front Park in Patchogue with Lynn Swart and our great worship band.

+ We've got a day out at Splish Splash for everybody on Thursday July 26th.

+ Next Saturday, June 9th there's another training day for our ministry leaders as we shape up for fall - our good friend Doug McIntyre will be teaching and staying over to speak on Sunday.

This will be our last summer in Patchogue UA and we expect it to count for eternity in the lives of a lot of people.

There will be those who are coming and going for vacations, but overall it's full speed ahead!