My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, May 28, 2007

MEMORIAL DAY

It's a good job I spent some time at The Wall on Friday and also took the time to personally thank a number of veterans at church yesterday, because the day itself has left me with little time for contemplation.

Our friends return to India in the morning, so there was a lot to be done for them today as they secured essential supplies that are not available or are incredibly expensive for them back home. Like pepperoni, PAM spray, computer memory sticks, etc., etc. So there has been a lot of shopping!

We also opened the pool, put air conditioners in the windows - no, we don't have central air - and I sorted out a bunch of small group materials, sermon CD's etc for Basil to take with him.

I guess we're downright spoiled here when it comes to resources. It's hard to conceive of living in a country where there is virtually nothing available to help pastors and churches. You know how dire it is when I'm getting requests for my notes from overseas - this country too for that matter!

But, getting back to Memorial Day, some of the finest men and women ever born have put their lives on the line to make and maintain this as the greatest country on earth. I am supremely grateful for their commitment.