My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

DO YOU MANAGE OR LEAD?

I appreciated this article I was given this morning. It's a checklist from Larry Johnson, President of Johnson Training Group, who sums it up by saying -

The world has lots of good managers. The world needs more good leaders.
Management is the science if directing the present.
Leadership is the art of envisioning the future.
Managers maintain the status quo.
Leaders bring about change.
Managers ensure that things run smoothly.
Leaders see that things get stirred up.
Managers count things made.
Leaders make things count.
Managers push people to produce.
Leaders inspire others to excel.
Managers make short-term profits.
Leaders pursue long-term goals.
Managers impose rules.
Leaders provide examples.
Managers think about realities.
Leaders are obsessed with possibilities.
Now that explains why I'm a lousy manager!!!