My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, May 04, 2007

JULIO

I'm watching a bit of the Mets game against the Diamondbacks, though I don't honestly think I'll make it for much longer as I'm falling asleep as I sit here and tomorrow is a very full day.

At 48 years, 8 months and twelve days, Julio Franco just became the oldest player in major league baseball to ever hit a home run - a beautiful two run homer to put the Mets up 3-0!

Any idea who held the record before tonight?

Julio Franco!

The man is ageless and when he scored each of last season's two homers he was the oldest man to have ever done it too. So he continues to break his own records as he puts everything he's got into every game he plays in.

I hope I'm as dedicated to what I'm doing as he is and enjoying it just as much when I get to his age!