My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, May 07, 2007

THAT'S IT!

Okay, I'm doing nothing tonight. I was going to do some cooking, but the truth is I'm tired. I just called all the guys who signed up for my small group that starts on Wednesday and now I'm going to call it a day.

It was the usual Monday routine for this morning - gym, WW and little else. It was tough going at the gym though I did listen to a great teaching by Mark Driscoll while I was sweating like a Scandinavian in a rain forest.

Down with my old friends at Weight Watchers, I was relieved to see I had dropped 0.2 lb. This is my fifth week of maintainence - just seven days to go and I'll officially be a lifetime member which means above all, I won't be paying them any more money.

There was a lot of paperwork to do in the office this afternoon, so I got on with that and promised myself that I'll take tomorrow afternoon off so I can attack the spare bedroom that Gill wants to be painted before our friends from India arrive next week.

So that's it - the fascinating day off of an aging pastor who refuses to grow up.