My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

AWAY?

Wow, enough already!!!
A guy has a very full few days and suddenly it becomes apparent that there are definitetly more than a handful of bored individuals who read his rambling thoughts.

What happened to my blog?

My apologies to the faithful - things just got really busy since our friends from India came into town. Good, but busy.

Basil and Cathy have visited us several times before, but this trip is special because they have been able to bring their two children with them. So we are showing Liz (16) and Jeremy (12) as much as we can of New York during this, their first ever venture outside of India.

Of course that included a visit to the sacred ground of Shea Stadium on Thursday, where we saw the Mets mount a great comeback to beat the Cubs by scoring five runs in the bottom of the 9th.

The plan for Friday was a family outing to see Shrek 3, but at great personal sacrifice Basil and I withdrew from that adventure to accept an invitation to go and see the Mets beat up on the Yankees (surely the sweetest sight in all of baseball!!!). It was freezing in our superb seats, but the place was jumping - what an atmosphere!

So no, I haven't been away as such, just making sure these kids have a trip to remember and being a good tour guide!

Tomorrow it's the Big Apple for the day.

There's something special about sharing good things with friends!