My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

SPEAKING OF SEX

What an insane day! Seems to have been non-stop from morning to night, but had a great evening with our new for-men-only small group who are working through the book Every Man's Battle.

The makeup of the group, ages from 19 to 60+ serves to emphasize the fact that the fight for sexual purity really is every man's battle.

I think that alone was a real plus from tonight, together with the foundation of grace laid by the verses from Romans 8 we looked at, reminding us that nothing can separate us from the love of God.

We spent some time talking about the differences between sexual attraction and sexual addiction that turned out to be very helpful.

This is a very promising series and I'm really looking forward to the weeks ahead.

But for now, I'm shot, the Mets lost and our friends from India arrive tomorrow.