My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

PRODIGAL HOUSE


Early this evening Gill and I took a ride to Prodigal House in Port Jefferson Station, where Frank Summers is getting everything in place for a whole new area of ministry - providing housing for troubled teens. Long Island Youth For Christ is sponsoring this project and Frank will direct it, while continuing to be part of our pastoral team.

It's a great opportunity for Frank and Lucy to get stuck into something that has been on their hearts for decades. While his involvement there will reduce Franks hands-on participation in the life of our church, it is very much in line with our policy of being a church that reaches out to those who are hurting.

The house they have bought, largely through the involvement of TV political commentator Sean Hannity, is an amazing place. It's a historic building and is in breath-taking shape.

Tonight the whole house looked even better as Jill Hannity had decorated it throughout for Christmas and those interested in what will be happening there in the coming months were able to visit and enjoy the seasonal decor.

It's great to see Frank and Lucy's dream become such an amazing reality.