My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, December 07, 2007

PODCASTS


Okay, I'll tell the truth, I really was going to post here last night, but then I went to iTunes to update my podcasts and discovered I was so behind that it took way past my normal bedtime just to complete that simple operation.

Podcasting is an amazing thing for someone whose first introduction to sound reproduction was the reel to reel tape recorders of fifty years ago.

I noticed this morning that two of the guys I listen to regularly are #4 and #9 on iTunes top 20 list of most popular Christian podcasts. That would be Rob Bell and Mark Driscoll.

Driscoll's current series on Phillipians is very good stuff - guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers, but of course that's what he does and it's probably why I like him. Kindred spirits???

I also listen to Erwin McManus, Andy Stanley, Bill Hybels, Mark Beeson, Perry Noble, Gary Lamb and a couple of folks few have even heard of - all of which probably explains why I get backed up fom time to time, especially if I skip going to the gym as that's where I do most of my listening.

If you don't have one already, I thoroughly recommend you ask for an iPod for Christmas. There's a world of good preaching out there!