My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

WOW

That was some morning!

When I left the house just before 7.00 there was no sign of the snow that had been forecast, but within ten minutes it was coming down and sticking. That is not the kind of sight that encourages people out onto the roads and it certainly hit our turnout considerably today.

But we had a great morning.

Kudos to our set up guys who worked in freezing temperatures to offload the truck and to put everything back on too when things were over. It still hasn't got up to 32 today (0 for our continental readers) and at this rate I guess it won't get there.

Outstanding song set by the band - superbly executed of course - on what I was told was a morning when boxes of Kleenex should have been handed out at the door.

As I taught on healing, it was inspiring to hear six stories from real people on how God had intervened on their behalf. I wove these into the message and every one of them was a faith-builder.

We go to a lot of trouble to make Sunday services special events, but there is one factor we always try to remember, what makes it all special is that Jesus is there.

He was with us today and as we prayed for him to heal people, I believe it happened and look forward to hearing some stories about what he did.

Okay, the teaching went long, but it was a very good time!